Thursday, May 3, 2007

Sherman

Much of what is said about Sherman in the March is a very distasteful, and can be taken in a few differnet ways. I feel that Sherman, like so many other characters in Docotorws novels is a mean, cruel and vulgar man. The one thing that is hard for me to cope with about Sherman is trying to understand is why he is the way he is because he is a high ranked general in a war. Or is he the way that he is because he is just a heartless, very mean man. The part that really bugs me about him is that it seems like he dosent care about anybody but himself. It seems as if he only cares about what the outcome of the war is, and how many enemy soldiers are killed. In my view a general should lead his army more, and care about his soldiers more than himslef. I felt that Sherman definetly wasnt doing any of this, and his power that he had over the other soldiers was going to his head. Overall the wordage he used to describe ceratin things, and the carelessness he showed for his soldiers I thought proved him to be a horrible general, and horrilble person overall. I dont believe I'am the only one who feels this way either

No comments: