Sunday, April 8, 2007

Living through Billy

In my paper i'am going to attemt to explore what the rlationship is betwene Docotorw and Billy. Im also goign to analyze what Dutch Schultz and the rest of the gang symbloize and mean according to Billy. I believe that the gang sereves as a type of family that Bully never had. I also think that Docotrw wrote it so we can interprut this way due to his family being the way they were. As a young kid I'm assuming that Docorow was an outcast and a loner, and wanted someoine other thna his family to care about him. His shyness and lack of confidence though lives through Billy, and I believe is showing us what it was like in a sense to have grown up in Doctorow's shoes. I also believ that Doctorow is trying to show us that berman is on to his little secret obssesion he has with his mother. I believe that Berman is telling him to do things that will make it eventually come out, and Billy will have to confess. IM also goign to explore in my paper the relationship, and all of the finite details that go along with Billy and his mother. I have done some research on the internet, no knowing how reliable the source really is, but it was talking about Docorow growing up until he became a known author. he had a pretty rough life, and many of my therories have been proven correct about how Docotorw has been living through Billy.

No comments: